First Aid at Work
This Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is a two-unit, three-day course that will enable successful candidates to act as a first aider in their workplace.
The 3 day first aid at work course, is designed for staff acting as the recognised first aider at work for companies with a larger number of staff, higher risk workplaces such as construction, manufacturing and transport and those wanting a comprehensive course covering all major techniques and skills.
It builds on the basic life saving skills learnt in the emergency first aid at work course at covers the recognition and management of common illnesses and injuries.
Both theory and practical training are used to teach this course and scenarios can be set up at your place of work to ensure reality for your staff.
For further information on the first aid at work course, go to the CIEH by following this link:
The three day course is split into two units.
- Unit 1: Emergency First aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
At the end of the course your employees will understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider to be able:
- to assess an incident
- to manage an unresponsive casualty who is both breathing/not breathing normally
- recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- manage a casualty with external bleeding
- manage a casualty who is in shock
- manage a casualty with a minor injury
- conduct a secondary survey
Your employees will learn how to administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- suspected major illnesses
Why Choose SWS?
We pride ourselves on never claiming to be “the nations no.1 provider” but instead as a very simple, sound and solid consultancy and training service with a highly trained team.
We aim to provide you with impartial and comprehensive training and assessments for any size business.
- On Site Training – We Come to You!
- Accredited Courses & Consultancy
- Ex-Fire Service Trainers & Consultants
- Sound & Impartial Help & Advice
- Cater for any size business in any sector
- Cost Effective tailored to your budget