Fire risk assessment must be carried out by a competent person who ensures that all aspects of fire safety have been accounted for legislatively. SWS offers basic fire risk assessment training that will assist you to complete simple fire risk assessments on low risk non-complex buildings following PAS 79 methodology.
This is a two-day course covering:
- Stages of fire and how it develops and spreads
- How fires build and spread
- Overview of current UK fire legislation
- Fire safety inspections
- Fire safety risk assessments
- Identifying hazards
- People at risk
- Removal or reduction of hazards
- Doors on escape routes
- Portable fire extinguishers and blankets
- Improving fire safety provision
- PAS 79 methodology
- Compiling a fire emergency plan
- Means of escape
- Fire resistant construction
- Fire, heat and smoke spread
- Travel distances
- Staircase designs
- Emergency lighting
- Automatic door releases
- Fire warning systems and maintenance & Automatic fire detection.
Why Choose SWS?
We pride ourselves on never claiming to be “the nations no.1 provider” but instead as a very simple, sound and solid consultancy and training service with a highly trained team.
We aim to provide you with impartial and comprehensive training and assessments for any size business.
- On Site Training – We Come to You!
- Accredited Courses & Consultancy
- Ex-Fire Service Trainers & Consultants
- Sound & Impartial Help & Advice
- Cater for any size business in any sector
- Cost Effective tailored to your budget